Thursday, January 13, 2011

Best available evidence shows that Arizona shooting is not Ayn Rand or Friedrich Hayek's fault.

Dear people who are coming to this blog for the first time via Google:

I am intrigued that so many of you are coming here who are Googling "Ayn Rand" and "Arizona shooter." Presumably your question seems to be, was Jared Lee Loughner influenced by Ayn Rand? The answer is no, so far as anyone is able to tell so far.

Ditto for those of you who have come here looking for whether Jared Lee Loughner was influenced by Friedrich Hayek. Again, there have been no media reports indicating that he was.

For those of you who are Googling "Isabel Archer" and "economist"; I am not, in fact, actually an economist. Neither is the Henry James character whose name I have adopted as a pseudonym. Although now that I think of it, I kind of like the idea of Isabel reinventing herself as an economist after the novel is over. So from now on, I am just going to pretend that she in fact did.

No comments:

Post a Comment