Thursday, February 25, 2010

Miscellany

... because I am too tired and too sick with Pnin's cold to write anything especially coherent. I made it through the early part of the week on an adrenaline binge aimed at defeating a particular piece of bad legislation, but for naught. Now, the rush is giving out, and I'm on the point of crashing. Grrr. Well, anyway:

1)It's reassuring that my weakness for salt may be doing me less harm than I thought.

2)National juries would be awesome, except that they would deprive my fellow political junkies and me of some sense that we mattered. Then again, that might be a feature rather than a bug. (Kicks article to member of her household who actually knows something about the subject.)

3)ANCIENT HOBBITS ARE THE BEST THINGS EVER. See also.

4)Should it not be "Objectification SENDS"? Because "Objectification" is the subject there, not "women?"

There are days when I grow frustrated with the right, and then I remind myself that Montagnard liberals who put up signs really are even more annoying.

No comments:

Post a Comment