Saturday, August 14, 2010

Archerism and Rangers

I'm back in the U.S. of A. And, thank heaven, the footnotes on the longer version of are mostly non-hideous. So I figure I can come back here for a bit...

So, uh, link that's relevant to my long absence: I fear I am a total Ranger. I've never actually played D&D because I am a bad nerd like that, but my friends who have once said that I seem like the type of person who would enjoy playing Rangers.

It's possible that Archerist and Ranger are two different labels for the same phenomenon. Although as I said in the original post, Archerist families sometimes feel especially close to each other precisely because we know we hold minority values and the world beyond our hearth doesn't understand us very well. N.b. that Archers and Rangers are part of the same character class in D&D, which makes the metaphor kind of nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment