Wednesday, June 29, 2011

On animals

Some readers may be aware of my love of darling bears.Here is an interesting essay by Holden Caulfield about a prominent Polish bear. Okay, the essay is not actually by Holden Caulfield, but the author's narrative style is kind of alarmingly similar to the fictional Mr. Caulfield.

See also this, which is fascinating. I wonder if I'd have wanted to go to it when I was in Argentina last year if I'd known about it. On the one hand, it would be fascinating, and I do love gorgeous animals. On the other, there is the threat of being eaten by a lion, and I do wonder if the animals are being drugged, sedated, or otherwise harmed to keep them from rising up against people. Current plan: maybe try this when I am like 90, so that it's not as though I'll be that long for this world in any case?

No comments:

Post a Comment