Sunday, January 10, 2010

Short ribs recipe endorsement

If The Atlantic Monthly (or one of its bloggers) told me to jump off a bridge, I might do it. I'm... that susceptible to the influence of some of my favorite writers there.

Nonetheless, sometimes this weakness has let to good results in my life. See, e.g., this delicious recipe for braised short ribs, lemony mashed potatoes, and broccoli. It is one of the more delectable meals that the Archer-Pnin household has had in months. Even Pnin, who is not as prone to annoying gourmandness as I am, said several times that I had to make this dish more often.

One modification: my local Whole Foods was out of tamarind paste. My dear friend M. from undergrad, who has forgotten more about cooking than I'll ever know, advised me over my cell phone to use lime juice instead. It worked beautifully, as far as we two could tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment