Monday, January 11, 2010

Why I need to learn to use e-mail labels

Facebook friends of mine may remember that I posted a sarcastic Facebook message the other week about a Virginia-bar sponsored CLE (Continuing Legal Education) titled "Taking Control of Your Inbox." Perhaps, however, the joke was on me.

I was doing a natural language search through G-mail for old messages containing a citation to a particular book. Let's say that's the author's name was Mr. Smith (which it isn't really). Instead, I draw up an e-mail message from a close friend, dating back to 2006, which contained the following sentence:

"Then Smith and Mary yelled about will and Kant and Augustine, and how this all translated into why he won't have sex with her."

It made me immediately nostalgic for undergrad.

No comments:

Post a Comment